Saturday, October 16, 2010

BP9_Creaza

Creaza

In the midst of my computer crisis Tom recommended trying Creaza to edit my video.  I decided to see what the web site was about.  As usual Tom gave me a great resource to use.  And since my other blog was lost somewhere with in my ever-beeping Mac book I figured why not talk about Creaza.
 Creaza offers a few different types of editing tools all free of charge.  They have a cartoon-editing portion of the site, which allows you to create your own cartoons from their premade backgrounds or upload your own images.  There are several different formats of cartoons you can use as a starting point. 
Second, is the audio editor, which is set up very similar to Garage Band.  This allows you to edit and create music and sound effects. 
Third is Mindoro, this one may be my favorite of all.  Mindomo allows the user to create their own mind maps (or concept maps).  This tool is my favorite available on this site.  I have used Inspiration in the past and this is very similar to that program except that it is FREE!
Finally is Movie Editor.  Which is very similar to another Apple product imovie.  This site allows you to create and edit movies.
As an educator I am always on the look out for new tools that I can use in my classroom.  Creaza would allow my students to easily register and save their work while they are at school and continue to edit their work at home if they need to.  This is something I look forward to trying in my classroom as the year progresses.



2 comments:

  1. wow I love this site. Thanks for introducing it. I am assuming it works with a pc. all the computes at my school are pc's. This will definitely make it easier to integrate technology in the classroom. projects can be much more creative:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since it is a web application, it will work on all major OS-es and browsers.

    ReplyDelete